Marta Jakobovits is a professional ceramist, graduated from the Academy for Visual Arts in Cluj, receiving her PhD degree from the University of Arts and Design in Budapest. She had been inducted into the Hungarian Academy of Arts / www.MMA.hu /, in Budapest in 2005. She works as a free-lanced artist, gives lectures and leads workshops about ceramics and paper-art at universities as invited artist.
The artist also belongs to multiple professional organizations, such as: Romanian Artists Union, the Barabas Miklos Guild, the Hungarian Artists Union, the Christian Artists Europe, Rotterdam www.christianartists.org
Her works are represented in the permanent collections of art museums in Romania, Hungary and Slovakia and are part of private and public collections worldwide.
Beside here one man shows Marta Jakobovits’ activity includes participation in multiple national and international shows, exhibitions, symposiums and conferences in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Slovakia, Romania, Italy, Canada, Finland, Denmark and Japan.
She had been selected to represent the contemporary ceramic arts from Romania at the European Ceramic Context 2010 in Denmark and for the national exhibition of The Romanian Contemporary Ceramics, 2010 in Paris.
Awards and recognitions
- Ferenczy Noemi-Prize from the Ministry of National Recources of Hungary / 2011 /
- Diploma of Excellence, Cultural Ministry of Romania / 2010 /
- The Romanian Artists Union`s Prize for Ceramic Arts / 2007 /
- The Award of Excellence / 2004 /
- The Hungarian Culture Award / 2004 /
- Körösi Csoma Sándor-Award, / 2002 /
- Szolnay Sándor-Award / 1994 /
- Research Grant from the Hungarian Ministry for Culture, 1998
- Research Grant from the Soros Foundation for an Open Society - 1992
- Honorable Mention - MINO '89 - Japan
For further reference about the artist and her work, see:
- European Ceramic Context 2010, Exhibition catalogue, published by Bornholms Kunstmuseum.
- La céramique roumaine aujurdhui, Published by Centrul Cultural Palatele Brancovenesti, 2010
- Julia Nemeth : Marta Jakobovits, Pallas Akademia Publishing House, Csikszereda, 2009
- HUNGARICUM, hungarian literature, arts, science in Hungary and beyond , 2008/4
- Magyar Iparművészet / Hungarian Applied Arts - Budapest- / 2007/3 /
- Judit Ozsváth : Fény a fényből / Light of The Light / 2006 Kolozsvár
- Susan G.Shapiro: The Curtain Rises, 2004 , Mc Farland & Company, North Carolina and London
- World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Artists - Italy -/ 1984 /,
- Fine Arts in Transylvania in the XX-th Century - Hungary - / 1990 /,
- Time Capsule, - a Concise Encyclopedia of Women Artists - New York - / 1995 /
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Romanian Artists - Bucarest - / 1998 ,
- Contemporary Hungarian Arts Encyclopedie (Kortars Magyar Müveszeti Lexikon).-Budapest - / 2000 /
- Who is Who in Transylvania, / 1999, 2000 , 2009, 2010 /